Coffee machines, phones, medical devices; these all need to be ‘designed’. When designing these products, lots of questions need to be asked and answered; What does the customer need? How does the customer expect the product to look? How can the product be manufactured? What materials should be used? How can it be tested beforehand? How should it be brought to market?
The study programme BSc Industrial Design Engineering helps you answer these questions. This unique study programme responds to the growing demand for ID engineers from the design and manufacturing industries.
What is the programme’s focus?
The complete design process of new products:
- User-centred designConcept development
- Marketing, branding and consumer behaviour
- Form Studies and aesthetics
- Model making in wood, metal and plastics
- Prototype building and testing
- Product engineering and production
- And of course; your own personal and professional development
What makes the programme unique?
- An international programme taught in English
- The combination of design and engineering: approximately 60% design and 40% engineering
- No portfolio needed to start the study programme
- Excellent employment perspectives.
Location: Venlo, the Netherlands,
Duration: 4 years
Placement: in the third year (second semester) in an international company
• Academic transcript in English and native language
• Motivation Letter
• Studielink.nl registration
• Copy of ID
For more infomation about the Informationa and Communication Technology program, please CLICK HERE.