Want to contribute the research of new therapies for metabolic, infectious and immunological diseases and cancer?
Only by dissecting the molecular mechanisms that trigger advanced disease and dysfunction can be developed effective procedures and drugs.The Programme Molecular Mechanisms of Disease offers intensive two-year program that provides you with in-depth knowledge and research experience in disease-related molecular mechanisms. In addition, you will get presentation skills, and those related to academic writing; will learn how to successfully apply to obtain grants.
You will be part of the unique scientific community, which is located within the Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences (RIMLS). RIMLS researchers will help you during your studies with the guidance and expertise, as well as support in the acquisition of the needed knowledge and development for excellent research skills. Research institutes are closely related to the clinical treatment and thus objectives translating the results of treatment for patients. Examples include the translation of insights into the biology of the antigenic cells, in the new immunological therapies for cancer, as well as the detection of mutations in the early stage in the development of gene therapies for patients with hereditary blindness.
Why to choose Molecular Mechanisms of Disease in Radboud University?
• You will follow broad biomedical program that will allow you to specialize in your specific field of interest.
• You will have regular contact with leading researchers.
• You will be involved in training small groups of motivated international students.
• You will be guided by a mentor who will guide you during training.
• You will have two six-month internships, one of which will be abroad.
Location: Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Duration: 2 years
Start month: September
Possible careers: in the pharmaceutical industry
Awards: The program was pronounced for number one Keuzegids Masters 2014 in the category of Life Sciences.
- Copy of ID card;
- Applicants must have obtained a Bachelor's degree as: Cellular Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology (original and translated in English); Also pre-university diploma.
- Description of the courses that you have completed during your studies; Your score must be "very good" or "excellent"
- Motivation letter in which the you must explain why you want research career in the field of Molecular Mechanisms of disease;
- A minimum of two months practice / short description of the practice;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Two letters of recommendation from academic references.
- Proficiency in English;
- IELTS certificate with a minimum of 6 points; TOEFL Internet version at least 80; TOEFL computer version 213; Cambridge Advanced rated with "C"
- Your application package will be discussed by a special commission, which will decide whether to be admitted to the interview;
- If you pass the interview, you will receive further information on how will continue the application process for you.
For more information, please CLICK HERE.