Jazz is a bachelor's program in English at Hanze University. It is part of the Prince Claus Conservatoire.
Joris Teepe and his colleagues are a faculty of seasoned professional musicians who have played with many of the greatest musicians in jazz. They are part of the rich musical community of New York City, the city that is the centre of the jazz world. This life experience and commitment directly effects how they teach; the 'New York comes to Groningen' program is a more pragmatic, performanceoriented way of studying jazz than what is often taught at other conservatoires. This means that when you enter the conservatoire, you will be performing from the first day. The theory that you study is applied to real playing situations, and in general classes are focussed on making you ready to play jazz on the highest professional level. Piano study, lessons in arranging and compositions all find quick applications in studio projects and student performances.
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands
Duration: 4 years
Main subjects: Jazz Theory, Stage experience, Solfege, Arranging
Possible career: musician in the jazz ensemble, a professor of jazz
• Transcript of Records-original and translated in English
• Motivation letter (Download here a description of what it must contain)
• Recommendation from teacher
• Entrance exam (Download here)
• Registration in studielink.nl (UNIFY will make it for you)
• ID Card
• Certificate of proficiency in English, one of the three - IELTS (minimum 6.00), TOEFL (minimum 80) or Cambridge Advanced