Biology is a two year master program in English at Radboud University.
Central question in this program is how humans, animals and plants adapt to their environment. You will study at all levels the mechanisms that lie underneath this adaptation, ranging from the smallest living entities, such as molecules, cells and pollen until larger entities such as ecosystems, river courses and entire populations.
The program has 7 specializations: Adaptive organisms; Conservation and Restoration Ecology; Double degree programme in Transnational ecosystem-based Water Management; Microbiology; Science in Society; Science, Management and Innovation, Water and Environment
- You will get an extensive background in academic research.
- The courses include fieldwork and visits to research institute and biotechnological companies.
- This specialisation is closely connected to the Institute for Water and Wetland Research (IWWR), a leading institute in wet ecosystems and stress biology research.
- Radboud University just opened a new greenhouse complex and offers students the possibility to work with advanced research equipment and techniques, like electron microscopy, mass spectrometry, and next-generation sequencing.
- You will get the chance to do a six month internship abroad.
Conservation and Restoration Ecology
- Get an extensive background in academic research.
- Learn how to apply scientific knowledge to conserve and restore ecosystems
- Study at the Institute for Water and Wetland Research (IWWR), a leading institute in wet ecology, with the option to go abroad for an internship.
- Work in a stimulating, personal setting.
Double degree programme in Transnational ecosystem-based Water Management
- You will profit from the expertise at two universities and after successful completion get both a Dutch and a German diploma.
- This specialisation is closely connected to the Institute for Water and Wetland Research (IWWR), a leading institute in wetland ecosystem and stress biology research.
- Radboud University has close ties to water authorities, from regional water authorities to international agencies, consultancies and non-profit organisations.
- Work with state-of-the-art bio-reactors, electron microscopy and mass spectroscopy equipment, and facilities for molecular methods.
- Follow medical as well as general microbiology courses, which enables you to choose the topics that interest you the most.
- We offer internships at multiple research institutes, including departments at the University Medical Centre (Radboudumc)
- The research of our Microbiology department has won many prestigious science prizes, including three ERC Advanced Grants, a Spinoza Prize, and two Gravitation Grants.
Science in Society
- Deepen your scientific knowledge from a social science perspective
- Connect scientific knowledge with divergent perspectives and interests of various stakeholders
- Work with students from various disciplines and backgrounds
- Research complex real-world issues
Science, Management and Innovation
- Acquire scientific knowledge in your own field and widen your scope in learning about management, innovation, policy and entrepreneurship
- Apply this knowledge to a real-world business or policy problem
- Study with students from various disciplines and backgrounds
- Gain working experience outside of academia
Water and Environment
- This specialisation is connected to the Institute for Water and Wetland Research (IWWR), a leading institute in research to wetland ecosystems and stress biology.
- Radboud University has tight relationships with environmental authorities (PBL, RIVM), waterboards, and NGO's (e.g. Natuurplaza).
- With two internships, you will get a thorough background in academic research.
- There is a lot of attention for your personal development, with an orientation course focussing on your future career and extensive one-on-one contact with your supervisors.
Location: Nijmegen, Netherlands
Duration: 2 years
Specializations: Adaptive organisms, Communities and Ecosystems, Microbiology and Water and Environment.
Possible careers: Researchers at universities or in companies, Supervisors of clinical trials, Consultants, Lecturers, Policy coordinators, Teachers
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Biology
- Cover Letter
- Copy of ID
- English certificate:
- A) IELTS certificate with a minimum of 6 points; TOEFL Internet version at least 80 or TOEFL 213 computer version.
- B) If you have a bachelor degree in English you do not need a certificate
For more information, please CLICK HERE.