Philosophy and Science do not mix. Or do they? What we call "science" today used to be part of the "philosophy". Not without reason Newton called his masterpiece in Physics "Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy". Today still both (Philosophy and science) are closely related.
The current philosophical worldview is strongly shaped by scientific thought. Science gives answers to our questions and theoretical solutions to our practical problems.
Master specialization Philosophy and Science analyze the relations of philosophy and science in terms of their historical development and their current situation.
This specialization will give you a better understanding of evolution, its current status and the effects of scientific worldview.
Why choose Philosophy and Science at Radboud University?
• The program focuses on the historical and systematic links between philosophy and science, and is unique for the Netherlands;
• Philosophical Faculty has close links with scientists and professors in other departments; This makes it easy combination / connection between philosophy and other disciplines for students when they have to develop their master these;
• Teaching is carried out in a stimulating and friendly environment in small groups.
• The workshops are specifically aimed at the asset of skills such as critical reading, analytical thinking, political form of writing, debating;
• This Master specialization is run by the Center for the History of Philosophy and Science (CHSP), the only center in the world, who studied philosophy and science as historically interrelated phenomenon;.
• Master's program allows realization not only in the research field of philosophy;
Location: Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Duration: 1 year
Start month: September / February
Possible careers: research, administration, journalist, editor, teacher, policy adviser.
- Copy of ID card
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Philosophy or in related fields (original and translated into English); with a philosophical component of at least 60 EC.
- Motivation letter;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Are you applying through the system OSIRIS
- IELTS certificate with a minimum of 6.5 points; TOEFL Internet version at least 90; TOEFL computer version 233; Cambridge Advanced rated "C".
For more information, please CLICK HERE