Master's programme in Chemistry at Radboud University provides you with an excellent set of tools for your future. The program is closely associated to the research Institute for Molecules and Materials (IMM). Its mission is the fundamental understanding, design and controls the functioning of molecules and materials. Institute (IMM) is distinguished by its excellence, while training the next generation of leaders in science and entrepreneurship. Research in the IMM ranges from condensed matter science to chemical biology, and builds on novel theoretical, synthetic and spectroscopic methods. The aim of the Institute is to explore new ways of passing the synthesis and growth of design, construction of molecular structures and materials to specific and desired properties. The cooperation of chemists and physicists, and increasingly biologists, in one research institute is unique worldwide. This is the secret of success of IMM .
The first thing you will notice when you enter the Faculty of Science is the open atmosphere. This is reflected by the light and transparent building and the open minded spirit of the working, exploring and studying people that you will meet there. No wonder that students from all over the world are attracted to the Radboud University. You will study in small groups and will communicate directly and freely with team members. In addition, the university has excellent student facilities, such as high-technical laboratories and libraries.
The program offers the following specializations:
Chemistry for Life: You will learn how to use organic chemistry to understand life at the molecular level and how to interact with it.
If you choose this specialization you could do research in the following areas:
- Delivery of drugs by nanocapsules;
- Develop hydrogels for wound healing;
- Design of new responsive, biocompatible materials;
- Solving the structure and function of proteins.
Chemestry of Mulecules and Materials: specialization appeal to students in chemistry, with strong interest in Physics and also Physics students who wish to focus on the chemical aspects. Examples are self-organization of complex molecular systems, structure-function relationships of nanostructured materials or fundamentally understand the structure of molecules and the way they interact. This includes theoretical skills, and the use and understanding of advanced spectroscopic instruments to to gain insight in structure and dynamics of molecules and materials in relation to the intended functionality.
Location: Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Duration: 2 years
Start month: September
Specialization: Chemistry for Life; Chemestry of Mulecules and Materials
Possible careers: Manager in business.
Awards: For the second year, the program was declared number one Keuzegids Masters 2014.
- Copy of ID card;
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or related fields (in the original and translated into English)
- A description of the courses;
- Experience in research methodology;
- Brief description of previous practical laboratory work;
- Motivation letter (future plans + what research you want to do);
- Website links (information on the institution and subjects prepodavatelite- English, French, German);
- Proof of proficiency in English;
- IELTS certificate with a minimum of 6 points; TOEFL Internet version at least 80; TOEFL computer version 213; Cambridge Advanced rated "C".
For more information, please CLICK HERE